Monday, January 18, 2010

The Power of Prayer


"Effective prayer is prayer that attains what it seeks. It is prayer that moves God, effecting its end."

Charles Finney --

Prayer is so very powerful. It's amazing to see the work of God through prayer.

Through all of your prayers~
Abigail
-had a full repair (she will need more surgeries when her valve needs to be replaced)
-there was not much more damage to her vocal cords
-she was extubated
-her lung is no longer collapsed
-she is IV and Chest tube Free!
-She is starting to eat well
-she is squealing with excitement when mommy makes her laugh
-when she opens her eyes and sees mommy, daddy or grandma's she has a smile from ear to ear
-God has protected her

The most difficult part of prayer is that our prayers are not always answered in "our" time, but yet God's timing and all according to His plan not "ours." Waiting is very difficult especially when you want good results right away. Praying about something and not seeing a change in 5 days, 5 months or 5 years can be very wearing on the soul.

Prayers we are still waiting to be answered...
-Wanting to go home, but now will be here longer based on new finding
- Getting the fluid off of Abigails lungs and just in...new perfusion findings
-Luke needs to get in for an echo... :( we are not too far away from his surgery
-Luke's feeding issues. He has regressed once again and occasionally tries to bring his food up. (we have prayed for this to end for....well 5 years...still waiting)

Kind of our life......Good News/Bad News
We keep reminding ourselves to "Trust in Him at all times" Psalm 62:8 Trusting in him is not the hard part, the hard part is waiting on him. I read this the other day:

But we have to remember that God's timing is different than our own. He sees things from a different perspective and sees the whole picture, not just what we want, but what is best for us in the grand plan for our lives. All is part of a divine order and will be done in its own right and proper time. Of course, when we are hoping, praying and waiting for something, it's easy to forget this. After all, waiting is "remaining inactive in one place while expecting something." And being inactive means feeling powerless and at the mercy of the world - nobody likes that feeling. But we must keep in mind God's greater plan and his perfect timing:

"We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to His purpose."
Romans 8:28

It's not so hard to obey all our commands when life is going smoothly, but when you are faced with trials and are receiving negative news time and time again it's much more difficult. You can still praise God but it never makes you exempt from hurting and struggling as you continue on. I'm always praying for ourselves and other families that have to be on there knees daily in prayer because trust me it is not an easy task. **I'm trying to actually make a point here, but I'm having trouble tying it in, so consider it a rambling session (happens often when you don't have much time to think or when your thoughts are all over the place)**

I always think back to a prayer that I prayed about 6 years ago, and sometimes I think what was I thinking? And other times I think, I am so thankful for that prayer for who I have become and for where I have been on "my walk."

This was the prayer I prayed:

Dear Lord, I know I have not been the woman you have called me to be. I feel such a disconnect with you and my faith. It's not that I doubt you and your wonders it's just that I feel a little bit of emptiness. You have answered my prayer with an amazing husband and I am so happy, but what I ask is that you give me a way to strengthen my faith and most importantly to use me in a way that can glorify you.

Well as far as believing in the power of prayer....he definitely answered that prayer... and trust me it would not have been my plan if he would of asked. Frankly I think I would of said, "are you kidding me, absolutely not!" Thanks Lord, but I think I will pass on that one...can you please give me a different path that I can be affective on?" Can you use someone else or give me an easier path with less hurt and pain. That's just be being honest. But the truth is, I was not saved before and know it's so different...I feel saved and I have quite a bit of work to do and I know he is not done with me yet. Which actually scares me, but I will continue to trust in him. Trusting in God is a gift and being able to get through things in life without wanting to give up and crawl in a hole is also a gift. It is called God's Grace.

I would like to end on a request for prayer:

Please pray that in Gods timing he continues to heal Abigail and that all the fluid is gone from her lungs. Also that the new finding is not a Chylous leak.

Pray for Luke's echo to go okay and that we may have some time at home together as a family before heading back in for Luke's surgery. Also, that his eating will not continue to get worse.

Thank you for sharing this journey with us....I have met so many amazing people along this path and I know I would of never had the pleasure had I not traveled it.

All our love


The Power of Prayer......Thank you for all your prayers!

7 comments:

  1. Terra,
    So thankful and glad to see this post. So thankful that Abby is squealing when she sees the family, that is precious and priceless for all of you. I am so thankful that her lung healed and that things are going well. I am sorry you are going to have to stay longer as I know you wanted to go home tomorrow possibly.
    I will pray that you get some time home as a family before Luke needs to go into surgery along with these other prayers you asked for.
    I so appreciate your honesty that you share in these posts, they mean a lot and again you are an amazing mom, and woman, and you so encourage me. Thanks for the strength you show to me and so many others. God will give you the strength you need to get through. Have a wonderful rest of your day and week.
    Dear God,
    Thank you for healing Abby's lung completely. Thank you for allowing her that wonderful squealing that the family is loving to hear. God, continue to heal her little body completly and don't let there be a leak that they are concerned about. Let the fluid be completely gone.
    God, please protect Luke too, and help his eating to get better and not worse. Help him too with this echo that he is going to have to have. Let it go okay and just take good care of him. You have heard Terra's request that she would like some "family" time at home before his surgery, please give them that. Take good care of all of them. Thanks for the friendship we have forming and for allowing her to bless me as well as others with her writing. She is an encouragement. in Jesus name, Amen.
    Not great with words, but I tried. Take good care all of you you.
    hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my friend,
    So happy for the progress Abbey has made. You are very right...prayer IS powerful. And we continue to pray without ceasing...
    We love you guys,
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see this update and the smiling photo of your beautiful little girl! Praising God for the progress and praying for all of your requests in regards to your precious children!

    Lisa in TN
    Eli's mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thrilled that she is now extubated and making great strides. She is one strong (and very cute) little lady - the apple doesn't fall far from the tree:) We are keeping our prayers focused as you requested. May you get home soon:) WE BELIEVE in the POWER of PRAYER!!!! Much love - Brooke, Colin, Rob and Gretchen Queen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this photo says it all, she looks soo good!
    In my prayers

    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  6. The photo at the top of Gracie, it's exquisite. With the pinkness of her plump rosy cheeks, it's so hard to imagine she's a heart baby. I'm visiting back today after being a terrible blogger of late and so lightened to hear the answers to your prayers. Hey for the chest tube free days! Catherine, Jason, Reuben (CHARGE 31m) and Callum (14m)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This picture of Abbey smiling, playing and dressed in pink stripes (oh, how I love a baby in stripes!) brings me so much joy.

    I know you are still waiting on a lot...I am continuing to hold your family close in my prayers. With love.

    ReplyDelete